Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer is Finally Here!!!! Time to Party!

School's Out!!! Yahoo! I love having the kids home during the day! When Elsie and Lillie are at school, I count the hours until they come home. I really miss them when they are gone. Elsie starting a full day of first grade last fall killed me. Lillie has just been at pre-school for 2 1/2 hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. In the Fall, she will join Elsie at Providence Hall for Kindergarten... everyday. (sniff sniff) I am so glad she will still be half days. Blake will start pre-school in the Fall and take on Lillie's old pre-school schedule. So for 2 1/2 hours, 3 days a week, it will be just me and Boston. So crazy! I guess that is a draw-back of having 4 kids in 4 1/2 years. They all leave you quickly...one after the other. Time for another baby! JUST KIDDING! Time for a...a...a... NAP! Yahoo!

When I picked up carpool today for the last day of the school year, I couldn't believe the year was over. Feels like we just started the school year. All the kids piled out of the school and I was waiting for an audible cheer or something. Nothing came. I remember when school let out as a kid, students running and cheering, spraying each other with shaving cream and throwing confetti. I saw none of that, just looked like a normal pick up. Rows of SUV's and Mini-vans with worn-out Mom's at the wheel. (Usually on the phone ...undoubtedly arranging some sort of a soccer/piano/dance/karate class.) I felt we quickly needed some "Celebration-ness". As soon as my car was filled with 5 little ones I announced it was Party time! Who wants a Slurpee??? "What's a Slurpee Mom?" What the Heck? I am once again dating myself back to the slurpee days at the "Sev." I mean, "Who wants an Icee?" Finally, some cheers! Chevron was not prepared for our parade of 6 but they handled with style. Go Chevron! Time for some serious Summer Fun Baby!

No comments: